Thursday, January 23, 2014

Doggystyle: Inside a Winter Home

Every winter we try our best to 'live in denial' surrounding ourselves with sun, flowers, and bright colors to convince ourselves that spring is just around the corner. Even when it isn't.
This year the Polar Vortex is making things especially difficult.
Even with our heat turned up, our floors are completely freezing. We pulled our (Huge!) Molly Mutt into the front room once we realized it is perfect for extra insulation.
With all of the extra snow, we have found a couple of extra pairs of "boots" have become a permanent fixture in our boot tray.
Besides his previous lights, we added extra Valentine's Day decor to Mr. B's tepee. 
Though maybe we're the type of people to leave this decor up year-round...which consequently makes us look extra prepared when Valentine's Day really does come.
Also:
This has always been our favorite change.
Fall Cleaning!
Check our Facebook page for more photos, comments, and story lines beyond the blog.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss M reminds me of ET when he is wrapped in the blanket in the bike basket. Too cute. And Mr B justs always looks so velvety and snuggable.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

I love the photo of Ms M all wrapped up haha. And what a great Molly Mutt bed - we definitely have to get one for our pups. That size looks perfect!!

Annie & Pauls Mom said...

I've been off these last 2 days with 1.5 inches of snow and cold temps (5, 4, 3, 2, 1, ok, you can stop laughing now:-D). On days like this, I haul out the yarn I've got sitting in my craft bins and start working on area rugs. Paul and Annie are left wrapped up in their thunder shirts for extra warmth. And lots of decaf coffee is consumed as well as slightly warm baked good for A&P. Good luck staying warm.

Unknown said...

I love the photo of Miss M all snuggled up, and the one of the boot tray! It really does make me realize how spoiled we are here in Florida. It got into the mid-thirties here today and everyone is bundled up like they're going on an Arctic excursion! Stay warm! :)

Liz @ The Shrinking Owl said...

I want Mr. B to be my Valentine!

Anonymous said...

I love your home. I love your dogs. I love you! This is my early valentines day post inspired by TeePee hearts!

Two French Bulldogs said...

After being in the frigid cold you have a nice warm sunny house to return to. The boots are hilarious
Lily

Anonymous said...

Love your decorating style!

I've noticed that I've started wanting to have more and more color in my home when it's cold too... hmm...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...