Wednesday, December 4, 2013

DoggyStyle: Snooding Up!

Chicago winters are hard.
Like this kind of hard.
 But despite the weather, our dogs still need to be walked.
Last year we took on the motto "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes" and we learned how to "gear-up" to brave the Chicago winters.
Depending on how cold and wet it is outside, our pups have been wearing a combination of hoodies and dog coats: sometimes both. And just like I don't head outside without my trusty scarf, we have discovered 'dog-specific scarfs' for our pups.
We like how snoods fit like an infinity scarf slipping over their heads without any loose ends for them to trip on. They keep the pups a bit warmer and prevent any snow from slipping into the necklines of their jackets. And while it's hard to be excited about taking a walk in the bitter cold, it has been a bit more fun coordinating their jackets and snoods. Lately our pups have been wearing these brightly colored fleece snoods from Sirius Republic. For this year they've been sporting classic-cold  Buffalo Check and hopeful-for-spring-soon colored chevrons.
Added bonus: the pooches have been getting some extra pets from some people who are impressed to see 'dogs wearing scarves'. Though our favorite was when a tourist was yelling at her severely underdressed husband telling him "even the dogs out here are wearing scarves".

Also:
Cold-weather gear for big dogs.
Our current favorite.
The time they thought they were really wearing Burberry.
A sure way to make people smile on a gloomy day.

Check our Facebook page for more photos, comments, and story lines beyond the blog.

11 comments:

Hannah@Eriesistibull said...

Seriously, maybe we should coordinate posts before hand!

You know we love our Snoods here in Erie, too. It's always nice to see a pop of color a midst the white on our walks!!

Anonymous said...

They look so cute in their cold weather gear!

Rachel said...

I love their snoods! I doubt it gets as cold here in Jersey as it is for you in Chicago but our pups could definitely use those colorful scarves! Perhaps on the Christmas wishlist... :-)

Anonymous said...

The Mr. And Miss were made for snoods! I mean seriously, look at them!

JustaGirl said...

I adore their snoods! We finally got Milo a "mini" snood to wear when we go camping. :) I think he was pretty thankful for it last weekend!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Thanks to you, I wear a scarf now
Lily

sweetemaline said...

I luuuurve those snoods so much! So stinking cute! Can't wait for our new ones to come in the mail!

Emily @ Our Waldo Bungie
www.ourwaldobungie.com

Annie & Pauls Mom said...

I love Mr. B's yellow and gray snood, it reminds me of Charlie Brown!

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to pick out a snood for Diggs, but there are so many options! The bigger question is finding a hat for him to wear. He has huge, upright ears. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

A doggy snood - I love it. They look so adorable and cosy.
I wish we got colder winters here in Sydney so I could try one out on my dog :)

Unknown said...

They look great in their snoods!

While visiting Chicago with my dog late last month, I tried the hoodie-and-coat combo that Ms M and Mr B often sport and my dog loved it! We were visiting from Nevada, so he was not a fan of the wind, cold and snow. The only other thing I wished I had at that time was a snood to keep him even warmer! Definitely looking into getting one or making one for our next visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...