Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One of Our Favorites: Our First Foster, Little Red Wilma

As we might have something to announce while we're on break (check our Facebook page!), we have been thinking back to our first foster: Little Red Wilma. Wilma was our very own 'Single Red Female' following Miss M's every move, and striving to become Miss W. The pictures in this post are some of my favorite photos ever.
This summer, we decided to become a bit more involved in dog rescue...so we're fostering a dog! This is Wilma from Project Rescue. Wilma was living at Mr. B. and Miss M's doggy daycare. She really loves people, so the rescue knew she would be much happier living in a home until she's adopted. Luckily, the pooches had already met her at daycare, so they were quick to welcome her into our home.
Wilma is a petite pitbull. She weighs in at a mere 40-something pounds, which is nearly half of what our pooches weigh.With her gorgeous red coloring and wrinkly face, she almost looks like a "teacup French mastiff". She is about 2 years old and full grown.Wilma gets along fantastically with other dogs. As Wilma is getting adjusted, Miss M was even kind enough to let her lay on her favorite floor pillow
and took to just laying on the floor:
Wilma was quick to hang out with Miss M in her crate. Though Miss M realized she didn't like being used as a body pillow:
And quickly reversed that situation:
And after a short breaking in period, she took back her favorite pillow, regardless if someone was already using it.

8 comments:

Claudia said...

Wilma was before I "met" or met you (in cyberspace or real life), so I missed this beauty. Great pictures, she's adorable and I love Ms. M's expressions (as always). I can't wait for your announcement. I have an idea, but don't know if I'm right...

Tucker The Crestie said...

Sorry we missed Wilma when you actually had her - she is adorable! Do you ever get updates from her new family?

Beth said...

Wilma is a doll! I love watching the dogs squeeze into their crate together. It's so cute. The last picture made me laugh out loud. Mrs. M is a hoot!

www.truthaboutpitbulls.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

We agree, Wilma is a cutie! Can't wait to hear your announcement :)

goosie mama said...

Oh my goodness - these are PRECIOUS! Wilma is totally all about Ms. M, that is so cute! I didn't realize how much bigger Ms. M was - G is about 45 lbs. too and I had sort of assumed they were about the same size, but I can see the size difference now clearly through these photos. Just so sweet - hope you all had lovely holidays! :)

Laura and Hans said...

I'm still amazed at the resemblence between Wilma and our Wilbur. Looking forward to your return!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh my word, we loveseeing the way you welcomed Ms. Wilma..adorable
Benny & Lily

Lindsay said...

Oh my. Wilma is adorable. Whoever ended up with her is lucky to have her! That is so cute how she liked to snuggle with Miss M.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...